Savella relieves symptoms of fibromyalgia.1
Delivers simultaneous improvements on 3 measures of fibromyalgia1
- Pain reduction
- Improvement in patient global fibromyalgia assessment
- Improvement in physical function
Decrease in pain as early as week 1 of treatment with a stable dose in some patients who reported global improvement1
- Primary endpoint was assessed at week 15.
Low potential for pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions1
- Clinically important pharmacodynamic interactions may occur with MAOIs, serotonergic drugs (including other SSRIs, SNRIs, lithium, tryptophan, antipsychotics, and dopamine antagonists), triptans, catecholamines (epinephrine and norepinephrine), CNS-active drugs (including clomipramine), and select cardiovascular agents (IV digoxin and clonidine).
A dual reuptake inhibitor that blocks the reuptake of norepinephrine over serotonin with approximately 3 times greater potency in vitro1
- The clinical significance of in vitro data is unknown.
Savella is widely available on managed care formularies.3